What’s the Value?
Engaging an experienced attorney that knows and understands your business, as well its tolerance for risk, creates a higher level of trust. With elevated trust, she/he can act faster, with more autonomy and advance projects like other members of the business team. With a deeper integration of trust, your Counsel can focus on getting things done rather than being a “protectionist” lawyer. With knowledge of your business and industry, she/he can be forward looking, working in the business proactively, where real value is created.
Speed & Efficiency – a legal advisor on your team, up to date on your business goals, and ready to go. Having a go to person creates efficiency for the entire team. There is a process and person in place. No need to slow down to figure out who will handle it.
Ability To Be Proactive – with an understanding of your business and industry, your Counsel can be thoughtful and strategic in identifying risks and opportunities and working to address them.
Empowered To Get Things Done – She/he is empowered to bring you results, not just shield you from risk.
A Business Advisor – Your Counsel will become knowledgeable about your business and industry and keep up to date (at no additional cost). This enables her/him to serve as a more well-rounded advisor.
Cost Certainty – fee structures can be built around your business’ needs, including fixed fee options, focusing on value delivery not time spent.
Where to Start: A Legal Diagnostic
To start, we will evaluate your legal needs and think about the best ways to manage them. We can identify key areas to focus on and find ways to streamline and save cost as well. There is no charge for this.
From there, we can assemble a team and a package of services (as well as a fee structure) to provide you with an outside general counsel.
Counsel Services Offered:
Negotiating & Drafting Contracts
- Software/technology agreements (outbound, inbound/vendor, development, outsourcing)
- Commercial agreements (supply, manufacturing, licensing)
- Professional services agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Development/outsourcing agreements
- Early-stage and follow-on venture financing
- Advising on issues with employees and independent contractors
- Compensation structures
- Offer letters and employment agreements
- Severance agreements
- Employee handbooks
Corporate Formation, Governance & Operation
- Draft articles
- Deal with business entities and organizational structure
- Attending board meetings and drafting minutes
- Preparing and managing stock option plans
Negotiating, Drafting, & Reviewing Leases
- Commercial Real estate
- Review ad campaigns and promotions
- Address consumer protection and privacy laws
- Reviewing marketing and promotional materials
- Guidance on social media terms and requirements
- Advise on contests and sweepstakes
IP Clearance & Registration
- Advising on trademark and copyright matters
- Guidance on naming and branding
- Trademark clearance and prosecution
- Copyright registrations
Privacy & Data security
- Website policies
- Data privacy (privacy policies, privacy compliance, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, GDPR, CCPA)
Draft various Policies & Procedures
If interested in learning more, please contact, email@example.com.
Your Counsel will become educated about your business and industry and get to know your team. She/He will develop intimate knowledge of your internal systems and external relationships. Your Counsel can have an email address and phone extension on your system and/or take other steps to be an integrated member of the team.