Michael Benzaki is an Associate in the Commercial Litigation practice.
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
University of Western Ontario, B.A.
- A biopharmaceutical company in an action for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, fraud and unfair competition against a competitor and former collaborator.
- A photographer in an action for violations of the U.S. Copyright Act against an international luxury brands company.
- Artists and photographers in an action for breach of contract, fraud and fraudulent inducement against their former talent managers.
- A French individual investor in an action alleging fraud and breach of contract against an international investment partnership.
- Advise professionals in the motion picture industry with regards to limiting potential liabilities by ensuring that their business practices are compliant pursuant to New York State’s labor and general business laws.
- Represent clients in transactional matters.
- Negotiate and draft commercial contracts, including investor agreements, retail purchase agreements, option purchase agreements, music licensing agreements, life-rights agreements, production services agreements, film distribution agreements as well as talent agreements for actors, directors, writers and producers.
- Counsel clients with regards to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and draft compliant privacy policies.
Accepting the Earmarking Doctrine: Courts Should Accept this Defense to Preference Actions in Connection with Credit Card Transfers, 24 AM. BANK. INST. L. REV. 284, No. 2 (Summer 2016)