Christy Reuter is a Partner and Chair of the firm’s Hotel & Hospitality Group, and she is also a member of the Real Estate and Corporate Groups. Ms. Reuter specializes in domestic and global hospitality transactions and represents hospitality companies seeking to expand within the United States and in countries around the world. She has negotiated deals in cities throughout the United States and in various countries and cities, including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Japan, Turkey, Monaco, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
Ms. Reuter provides strategic legal and business counsel to clients at every stage of a transaction. She regularly guides clients through the material business and legal issues in complex corporate transactions including joint venture negotiations, operating or shareholder agreements, license and management agreements and commercial leasing. Ms. Reuter also regularly assists clients with review of employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements and vendor and contractor agreements.
Ms. Reuter is the former General Counsel for the internationally acclaimed hospitality group Cipriani, which she still represents.
St. John’s University School of Law. J.D.
State University of New York at Albany. B.A. (English National Honor Society)
State of New York
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Supreme Court of the United States of America
Before joining MSF in 2016, Ms. Reuter was the principal attorney at Reuter Law PLLC. Prior to establishing her own firm, Ms. Reuter was General Counsel for the global hospitality company, Cipriani, for 7 years. Ms. Reuter was previously a partner at Robinson Brog Leinwand Greene Genovese & Gluck P.C. in NYC from 1997 – 2006, and an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New York in the NYC Litigation Bureau from 1995 – 1997.
- Represented renowned Greek restaurant operators in connection with a 10,000 square foot, high-end restaurant lease in a luxury, ocean-front condominium which is currently under construction in Miami, Florida.
- Represented Zuma Las Vegas with its lease at The Cosmopolitan Hotel of Las Vegas.
- Represented Nusr-Et Steakhouse in its leases for flagship in New York, and in its locations in Miami, Las Vegas, Dallas, Boston and new affliated brand, Saltbae.
- Represented Nusr-Et brand in connection with new food market, restaurant and retail space in the Meatpacking District.
- Represented Zuma with its lease at the Four Seasons One Dalton, in Boston.
- Represented the Serafina Restaurant in connection with lease at 400 Times Square for their restaurant, new concept Café
- Represented owners of a boutique hotel in connection with its purchase, construction and re-branding of a landmarked hotel in lower Manhattan.
- Represented Inko Nito, an affiliate company of Zuma and newly established brand in the U.S., in connection with the negotiation of its lease where it launched its first Japanese restaurant in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented Zuma’s affiliate, Etaru, with the launch of their newly established brand in the U.S., in two locations in South Florida – Hallandale Beach and Las Olas.
- Represented Mr. C Hotel with its hotel management agreements at Mr. C Beverly Hills in California and Mr. C Seaport in New York.
- Represented international retail company in connection with leases in Boston and San Francisco.
- Represented various international hospitality companies in negotiating leases, management and license agreements to open restaurants in England, Turkey, Abu Dhabi, Monaco, Dubai, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
Member, Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys (AHIA)