In light of the rapid spread of COVID-19 coronavirus across the globe and within the United States, employers should be prepared to address any effects on their operations. While the impact will be unique to every business, the following are some issues that employers should consider:
- Do employers have an obligation to protect workers from COVID-19?
- How can employers prevent employee exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace?
- Can employers ask employees to stay home or leave work if they exhibit COVID-19 symptoms, believe the employee may have COVID-19 or been exposed to the virus?
- Do employers need to pay employees during any time away from work under quarantine, self-monitoring, illness due to COVID-19 or care for a family member with COVID-19?
- Can employers disclose that an employee has been infected with COVID-19 to their workforce?
- Can employers require employees to provide clearance and/or documentation to return to work?
- Can employers impose travel restrictions on employees?
- What must employers consider if a determination is to allow or encourage employees to work remotely?
- Can employers require employees to be vaccinated if a COVID-19 vaccine is developed?
- Are employers required to provide employees with leaves of absence due to COVID-19?
- What should employers do if schools or childcare is closed and employees have no options to care for children?
- What else can we do to protect the workplace from COVID-19?
CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL MEMO.