T: (212) 655-3577
Harvard Law School
(B.A. Mathematics, M.A. Economics)
Ralph K. Stone
Commercial real estate transactions, real estate lending and finance, and corporate and commercial transactions.
Mr. Stone has more than 30 years of experience representing owners, investors, lenders and developers in the acquisition, management and disposition of real property of various asset classes, in mortgage loan transactions, or as landlord or tenant in lease and sublease transactions, in new construction and reuse of property, in sale-leaseback transactions, and in the acquisition and development of Indian casino property.
He has deep experience in capital markets transactions and in advising owners and lenders concerning distressed real estate assets. He has also served as an outside general counsel to a number of privately held businesses. Additionally, Mr. Stone brings a unique combination of legal, math and economic skills to find practical solutions to clients’ legal needs. He is admitted to practice law in New York, Massachusetts and California.
- Represents tenant-in-common owners of troubled properties, including loan workouts and restructuring, management issues and asset recapitalization;
- Represents for-profit and non-profit owners, lenders, contractors, developers and investors in the acquisition, management and disposition of real estate, in mortgage loan transactions, or as landlord or tenant in lease and sublease transactions, including ground leases, building, warehouse, office space, retail, parking garage and telecommunications facility leases, in new construction and reuse of property;
- Drafts and negotiates purchase and sale agreements, brokers’ listing agreements, construction contracts, loan commitments, mortgages, notes, leases and other real estate documents, and in counseling clients on use of real estate assets;
- Restructures and revises mortgage loan and lease transactions, and exercises title, zoning, permitting and other real estate due diligence for corporate acquisitions and mergers;
- Drafts, analyzes and negotiates real estate title documents, including easements, air rights, options, licenses, operations agreements and land covenants, conditions and restrictions, and review of title insurance commitments, policies and endorsements;
- Advises seller and buyers on the acquisition, development and disposition of commercial real estate and other assets;
- Counsels landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions, including sale/leaseback engagements.